Monthly Parent Newsletter
Monthly Parent Learning Planner
CMS Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school? Follow us on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Click on this link for daily updated announcements for the middle school:
REMINDERS for the school year:
- ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE USE - anywhere - ONCE YOU ENTER THE SCHOOL in the morning. Your phones will be confiscated.
- The LIBRARY is open in the mornings at 7:30. Get a library pass from the teacher at the top of the stairs and come down to do homework on your Chromebook and read or check out a book.
- ALL STUDENTS should have earbuds or headphones. This is a school supply. Earbuds may be kept in your Chromebook pocket. Headphones may NOT be kept in the Chromebook pocket. Mrs. Barker has earbuds for sale in the library for $1 or 11 tickets.
- Don't leave your Chromebooks in cold or hot weather - Like in your mom's or dad's car, or in the garage.
- Chromebook issues: Here's how to update Chrome:
- Click on the stack (3 vertical dots top right corner)
- Go to help and then click "about Google Chrome" or "about Chrome OS
- ON CHROMEBOOK---Click the blue "Chrome OS Settings" link in the middle of the page and then "check for updates" or "restart"
- Students - Anytime your Chromebook updates, it needs to be restarted to finish the process
- The library collects BEST CHOICE LABELS all year. Please have your moms start saving them and / or drop off any that you have already collected.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- MS ATHLETICS:
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
- TEAM APP - Team App allows parents and athletes to stay informed of what is taking place with their sport. Forms that explain the sign up process are available right outside the in the MS office in the stacked form display on the wall.
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
- Parent Portal Sign Up Form
- Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!