CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Special thanks to Quentyn Cary, Samantha Davis, and Adrian Doyel for turning in Boxtop sheets. You will receive your free pizza slice tomorrow at lunch!
- STUCO says Thanks to ALL those of you that donated to the penny war. We raised $116.98 for the cause. The results are: 7th grade raised $36.22, 6th grade raised $37.00, and 8th grade raised $43.76! Way to go 8th grade in raising the most!
The CMS Pinto Pulse has been published and is available on the middle school website on the announcements page. Big shout out to term 2 Micro Google students for their hard work.
Any term 1 or term 2 Cultures students who were wanting their project 3D printed need to bring their Chromebooks and see Ms. Beck during 9th hour this week.
- Remember - on Wednesday, the 27th, 7th & 8th graders will start their new 3rd trimester Wednesday classes.
- MOVIE EVENT has been postponed. Listen to the announcements for further information. Popcorn will be free. Sodas are $2 and candy prices are either $1 or .25 cents.
- MS TRACK ATHLETES - Your season starts next Monday, February 25th. There will be an informational meeting before hand so please listen for further information on the announcements. Your practices will be each day after school.
- Twain / Truman book readers - you have a week and a half, until February 27th, to read either 4 Twain or 4 Truman books.
CMS 2018-2019 Yearbooks are STILL available for sale until March 21, 2019. You may purchase a regular yearbook from Mrs. Elliott for $16 or you may purchase your yearbook online where your parents will have the option to personalize for an additional $1.50 or to leave you a love line for an additional $1. Tell your parents to view the online directions on the MS Announcements page. See below.
- CALLING all parent pics - see the info. below under "Reminders for the school year"
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Tues. (2/26) Evening breakout sessions @ HS @ 6:00pm - “Protecting Your Student from Chemical, Physical, & Mental Dangers”
Thurs. (2/28) Spring Picture Day
Fri. (3/1) End of 3rd Quarter
Sat. (3/2) Math Competition in Versailles
REMINDERS for the school year:
PURCHASING A YEARBOOK: The following information will allow you to purchase your yearbook online:
Enter the school code: 083836
Click "Go to your school account log in"
Click the link below your school name
Register as a new user
- REMINDER! - these low temps outside will damage your CB battery quicker than anything. Please DO NOT leave your CB in your parents' cars or anywhere it will freeze.
- YEARBOOK - calling all parent pics:
- Dear Parent or Student,
- Get your pictures in the yearbook! The Yearbook Staff invites students and parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you've got great photos of school and community events or you and your friends just having fun, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have. ***Here is how you can submit photos online:
• Go to: https://images.memoryebooks.com/login (if it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 411793679)
• Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
• Click "Save Details".
- It's that easy! Submit your photos today! The last day to submit photos is 04/22/2019.
- Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year! - Yearbook Adviser and the 2019 Yearbook Staff (***The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions can be used in the book.)
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time.
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!