CMS Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school? Follow us on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
October 23, 2020
- I can, you can, we can: being drug free comes in cans. Please bring canned foods (or nonperishable items) to the concession stand each morning during Red Ribbon Week. All donations will go to the families we serve with the Middle School giving tree at Christmas, be put in the food pantry, or into the food box. For each day a donation is received, students get 2 tickets and your name in a drawing for a prize basket.
- Monday's dress-up day - “Wake up Drug Free” -- wear pajamas
STABLE STORE INFO:
6th & 7th grade students and teachers: Please presell / pre-purchase candy and soda during your 5th or 9th periods. Presales go through the day of your grade-level store. Also, students - please remember to pre-shop and come to the store knowing what you would like to purchase and how much it costs.
8th grade student and teachers: Mrs. Elliott will be giving you a form to complete for the stable store. You will be pre-ordering the items you want from the Stable store. Pre-ordering will run until 5th hour on Monday. The items ordered will be pulled ahead of time and students will be called to pick up and pay for their items during 9th hour on Monday.
- If you were absent on School PICTURE DAY - make sure you get your picture taken on picture retake day! We need your picture for the yearbook! - parents - you can Order online at: inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/50446PF
- There is a Peer Helper meeting every Thursday morning at 7:30 am in room A212, so be in attendance tomorrow morning.
- The Middle School flu shot clinic is TODAY at 9:00am.
- RED RIBBON ART DRAWINGS ARE DUE TODAY!!!!!
Fri. - (10/23) School Food Pantry @ 7:30am
- First Day of Red Ribbon Week
- Flu Shot Clinic @ MS
Week of 10/26: Red Ribbon Week through Thurs.
Mon. (10/26) “Wake up Drug Free” -- wear pajamas
- 8th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Tues. (10/27) “Drugs aren’t my ruler” -- wear fancy/royal clothes
- I will be meeting with the Bond contractors from 9:30 to 10:30am
- 6th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Wed. (10/28) “Don’t get tied into drugs” -- wear tie dye
- Active Shooter Drill @ 1:45pm
- 6th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Thurs. (10/29) “Geeks freak when they see drugs.” - dress as a geek
- 7th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Fri. (10/30) No School - Compensation Day
REMINDERS for the school year:
- If you don't have your mask on, your behavior card will be signed for coming to school unprepared as you have already been provided a mask to wear.
- Towels and masks are available in the office - $1.00 each
- PLANNERS - If you would still like a planner - you may purchase one from the front office. It's a good idea to listen to the announcements and then write in your planner on the appropriate date, any information that applies to you.
- LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOKS - we have a few leftover yearbooks for sale FROM LAST YEAR. 7th & 8th graders - If you would like one, bring $17 cash or check made out to CMS to Mrs. Pickering - first come first serve.
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER FORMS - are available all year long in the library. Parents - you may order online with the code JFNXP which will benefit the Middle School. :)
- STUDENTS - the food pantry will be open Friday morning from 7:30-7:50. Any student who wishes to take food home for the weekend is welcome to pick out some items from the food pantry at that time. There will be a staff member there to help.
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students may: Read FLIPSTER Magazines on their Chromebooks!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- MS ATHLETICS:
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
- TEAM APP - Team App allows parents and athletes to stay informed of what is taking place with their sport. Forms that explain the sign up process are available right outside the in the MS office in the stacked form display on the wall.
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
- Parent Portal Sign Up Form
- Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!