CMS Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school? Follow us on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Start of 20-21 School Year
- PHYSICALS - All incoming 7th and 8th graders must have a physical before they can participate in any sport. For those of you that already have a physical, those will be good for two years. Team App allows parents and athletes to stay informed of what is taking place with their sport. Forms that explain the sign up process are available in the MS office.
- CROSS COUNTRY THIS COMING FALL - Mr. Goans will be one of the cross country coaches for next year. If you are interested in going out again or trying cross country for the first time, please email Kenny.firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know! He’d love to have you on the team!
- From Ms. DeMoss - If you are interested in being in CHOIR this year there will be a short audition in August during the first week of school. Ms. DeMoss will have you sing a couple of patterns and sing My Country ‘Tis of Thee. It shouldn’t take anymore than about 5 minutes. Once she determines if you passed the audition, she will get a list to Ms. Bibb and your schedule will be changed. If you are interested in trying out for choir next year, please email Ms. DeMoss and let her know. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to her.
REMINDERS for the school year:
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER FORMS - are available all year long in the library. Parents - you may order online with the code JFNXP which will benefit the Middle School. :)
- STUDENTS - the food pantry will be open Friday morning from 7:30-7:50. Any student who wishes to take food home for the weekend is welcome to pick out some items from the food pantry at that time. There will be a staff member there to help.
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students may: Install the FLIPSTER APP! Search in the play store or the app store for "Flipster" - search for California Middle School. Login in with user name: bce22 & password: JSMO200994 - Now you may read any of the magazines the Middle School subscribes to.
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- MS ATHLETICS:
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
- Parent Portal Sign Up Form
- Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!