CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Usborne BOOK FAIR in Mrs. Johnson's room is continuing through THURSDAY! All proceeds help the MS Library earn free books. The books set up in Mrs. J's classroom are available for immediate purchase with cash, check, or card. Anyone may also order online at https://d5161.myubam.com/1153471 and have your items shipped directly to you. There are lots of neat activity books on sale for students to enjoy over break. *****There are also book box subscriptions available for purchase until December 31st; with scheduled deliveries in January, February, and March. Let me know if you'd like more information about those. Feel free to come check things out before or after school for any last minute gift ideas or books to enjoy during the upcoming cold, wintry days! Thank you in advance for supporting the middle school library.
- STUCO members - please come to Mrs. Davis's room to finish up candy-grams during 9th hour TODAY!
- ALSO - STUCO members - remember you have concession stand on Thursday, Dec. 20th. Please be at the CMS concession stand at 5:00pm if you are working.
- Those of you reading Twain / Truman books - make sure you update the books you have read on the chart in the library.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer will be sending out library fine notices again this week. Please try to get your fines taken care of before Christmas break.
- POETRY CLUB MEMBERS - send me your Auto-bio poems and your Soul poems and I will get those printed.
- 7th graders who were classroom spelling bee winners - stop by the library and pick up a study sheet for over break.
- CALLING all parent pics - see the info. below under "Reminders for the school year"
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Tues. (12/18) - 7th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
- Girls Bball @ Osage @ 5:30pm
Wed. (12/19) - 8th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Thurs. (12/20) - Extreme Science Assembly with David Hagerman (Testing Bell Schedule)
- 8:00am - 6th Grade assembly / 7th & 8th Grade Study Power
- 8:45am - 7th & 8th Grade assembly / 6th Grade Study Power
- 6th Grade STABLE Store @ 8:45am
- Girls Bball vs. Versailles @ 5:30pm
- Boys Bball @ Versailles @ 5:30pm
Fri. (12/21) - End of 2nd Quarter
- Early Dismissal @ 1:00pm for Winter Break
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
- CHRISTMAS BREAK! - MERRY CHRISTMASS ALL!
- School Resumes for students on Thursday, January 3rd
REMINDERS for the school year:
- REMINDER! - these low temps outside will damage your CB battery quicker than anything. Please DO NOT leave your CB in your parents' cars or anywhere it will freeze.
- YEARBOOK announcement - calling all parent pics:
- Dear Parent or Student,
- Get your pictures in the yearbook! The Yearbook Staff invites students and parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you've got great photos of school and community events or you and your friends just having fun, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have. ***Here is how you can submit photos online:
• Go to: https://images.memoryebooks.com/login (if it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 411793679)
• Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
• Click "Save Details".
- It's that easy! Submit your photos today! The last day to submit photos is 04/22/2019.
- Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the school year! - Yearbook Adviser and the 2019 Yearbook Staff (***The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions can be used in the book.)
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time.
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!