CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Monday, February 24, 2020
- TRACK PRACTICES START Monday, March 2nd!
- FOR THOSE 8th graders INTERESTED in being in HS color guard - Ms. Page will be hosting color guard tryouts for incoming freshman. This is open to guys and gals. You must have a permission form signed by a parent and a current physical on file to be considered. Please go see Ms. Page by the end of next week, 2/28, if you are interested and would like to sign up to tryout.
- American Heart Association Dodgeball for the Heart - March 11th - during 9th period. Students must raise at least $10 to participate in the Dodgeball tournament against the CMS faculty. Help save a life and raise funds for this great cause.
- LOTS OF LOST-AND-FOUND items in the library.
- MS Track Parent Meeting will be tomorrow, February 25th at 6:00 pm in the CMS cafeteria.
- Stable store for the 6th grade - Tuesday, 2/25; for the 7th grade - Wednesday, 2/26; & for the 8th grade -Thursday, 2/27. You may pre-purchase sodas and blow pops from your 5th hour teachers from the 24th - the 27th.
- TWAIN / TRUMAN book readers - If you are on the chart in the library - trying to read four of either the Twain or the Truman award books - please get it updated in the next week. You have until this Wednesday to complete your fourth book to be invited to the party.
- SPRING PICTURE DAY is this Thursday, the 27th. Fliers went home on Friday!
Now is the time to order your CMS yearbook! You can order by filling out the envelope on the flier that is being sent home or by following the instructions for online ordering. All orders must be completed on or before 3/20. Please return paper envelopes to Mrs. Edwards with payment. Also, there is still time to submit your pictures to get in the yearbook. If you have great pictures of CMS events please see Mrs. Edwards about how to submit.
- Any students - If YOU have a broken pocket zipper and would like to pay the $5 fee to get this fixed NOW, (instead of at the end of the year), you may bring your CB's by the library sometime, and I will swap out cases with you and send your cases to be fixed. The $5 can be paid at any time between now and when I return your fixed case to you.
- POETRY CLUB - next meeting will be Tuesday, Feb. 25th, from 3-5.
- FOR CLUB will meet Tuesday, the 25th, at 7:30am.
- PEER HELPERS - Meet every Thursday morning before school in the health room.
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Tues. (2/25) - 6th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
- FOR Club meeting @ 7:30am
- Poetry Club Meeting 3:10 to 5:00pm
- MS Parent Meeting for Spring Athletes @ 6:00pm - MS cafeteria
Wed. (2/26) -7th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Thurs. (2/27) - 8th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Fri. (2/28) Food Pantry @ 7:30am
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Mon. (3/2) - Twain / Truman party in the library for qualified students
Mon. (3/2) - Fri. (3/6) - FOR Club Theme Week
Tues. (3/3) - FOR Club meeting @ 7:30am
- Poetry Club meeting from 3:10-5:00pm
Fri. (3/6) Food Pantry @ 7:30am
Sat. (3/7) Math Competition @ Versailles
- MS Musical, Guys and Dolls Jr., @ 7:00pm in the CPAC
Sun. (3/7) Daylight Savings Time
- MS Musical, Guys and Dolls Jr., @ 2:00pm in the CPAC
Wed. (3/10) - Regional Spelling Bee @ MU - good luck Sonya Grotjan
Th. (3/12) - END OF 3rd quarter
Mon. (3/16) - UCM Literature Festival
Wed. (3/18) V-ball meeting 9th period in the uplab for 8th grade girls interested in playing HS vball
REMINDERS for the school year:
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER FORMS - are available all year long in the library. Parents - you may order online with the code JFNXP which will benefit the Middle School. :)
- STUDENTS - the food pantry will be open Friday morning from 7:30-7:50. Any student who wishes to take food home for the weekend is welcome to pick out some items from the food pantry at that time. There will be a staff member there to help.
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- Remember - all students should not be using tape on their lockers. By Monday, anything still taped on your lockers - inde or outside - will be removed by administration. This is in the handbook. Magnets are allowed.
- HOODY INFO.: Per handbook - there should be no head-coverings on during the day. This includes hoods on hoodies. Make sure you do NOT have to be reminded AGAIN to take your hood off. You will be reprimanded.
- TRACING ISSUE: Middle Schoolers - you should NEVER TRACE SOMETHING on the screen of your Chromebook. If you are doing this, you will be in trouble. Teachers please be aware this is happening and keep you eyes open for it. Please sign behavior cards.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or in the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students may: Install the FLIPSTER APP! Search in the play store or the app store for "Flipster" - search for California Middle School. Login in with user name: bce22 & password: JSMO200994 - Now you may read any of the magazines the Middle School subscribes to.
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!