CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Friday, September 13, 2019
- Next week is the first round of evaluate
- IF you would like to practice your spelling skills to exercise your mind and get it into shape for your classroom spelling bees (usually in December sometime) then you can voluntarily attend spelling practice bees on Wednesday mornings in the upstairs computer lab...... Please come, they'll be fun!
- Feel free to sign the FOR Club's posters in the cafeteria! - sign the ones which represent you and/or please leave words of encouragement for those you wish to!
- Tues. (9/17) Fall Picture Day - order forms will go home on Friday. Pictures can be ordered online as well, visit inter-state.com/order and use the order code: 39247FB
- Tues. (9/17) at 7:30 am - The first official FOR Club (Friend's of Rachel) meeting in the up tech. lab.
- Congratulations to the Junior High girls cross country team for coming in 4th place at Vienna. Leading the way was Kenzleigh Goans with a 2nd place finish with a time of 10:16. Also medaling was Allie Heather in 19th place. Congratulation to all 8 of the lady Pinto runners. Also, congratulations to the boys with a great effort at the Vienna meet. Job well done.
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Mon. (9/9) FOR Club meeting in the tech lab at 7:30
Tues. (9/10) Fall Pep Assembly 9th hour
- MS Football vs. no one - bye week
- FOR Club meeting in the tech lab at 7:30
Wed. (9/11) MS/HS Cross Country @ Vienna @ 3:30pm
Thurs. (9/12) MS Softball @ 5:00pm
Sat. (9/14) MS Volleyball @ Eldon Tri-County Tournament
- MS/HS Cross Country @ Linn Invitational
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Mon. (9/16) Math Evaluate Testing (Testing Bell Schedule)
Tues. (9/17) Fall Picture Day
- MS Football @ Osage @ 5:00pm (A)
- MS Volleyball vs. Fulton @ 5:30pm (H)
- FOR Club meeting in the up tech lab before school at 7:30!
Wed. (9/18) ELA Evaluate Testing (Testing Bell Schedule)
- Spelling Bee practice in the up lab from 7:30-7:50
Thurs. (9/19) MS Volleyball vs. Smith Cotton @ 5:30pm (H)
Week of the 23rd:
Homecoming dress-up spirit days:
- MONDAY SEPT 23rd – Sweet Dreams
Dress in your favorite PJ’s.
- TUESDAY SEPT 24th – Let’s Get Physical
Dress in workout clothes.
- WEDNESDAY SEPT 25th – Country Roads
Dress in your country or camo gear.
- THURSDAY SEPT 26th – Puttin’ on the Ritz
Dress in mismatched clothes
- FRIDAY SEPT 27th – Party in the USA
Dress in red, white, and blue (pinto gear)
***During spirit week face paint and masks are prohibited.
REMINDERS for the school year:
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or in the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The Moniteau County Health Center offers many dates to get summer physicals. You must have a valid physical before you can start practice next school year. Do not wait until the season starts to get a physical make sure to get it scheduled during the summer. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Tuesday, June 11th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 9th 1:00-6:00 pm• Tuesday, July 16th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 6th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Monday, August 12th 1:00-6:pm
- Tuesday, August 20th 1:00-6:00 pm
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time.
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!