CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Friday, November 15, 2019
- STABLE STORE - Presale of Stable store opportunities - Please see your 5th hour teacher if you'd like to purchase soda and blow pops from the Stable Store next week, or purchase the opportunity to play in a huge dodgeball game during 9th hour on 11/26.
- STUCO - If you signed up to work the concession stand tonight - make sure that you are there by 5pm.
- STUCO - REMEMBER - today is recycling day!
- Poetry Club - 6th graders - if you like to write anything - and hang out with other quirky writers - please feel free to join our club. Our next meeting will be next Monday, November 18th, after school from 3-5 pm.
- Remember to pick up a flier in the office if you'd like to submit some of your own pictures for the yearbook.
- FOR CLUB meetings - Every Tuesday morning in the upstairs tech. lab!
- SPELLING BEE PRACTICE - Wednesday mornings in the back of the library.
- PEER HELPERS - Meet every Thursday morning before school in the health room.
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Fri. (11/15) MS Boys Bball vs. Versailles @ 5:30pm (H)
- MS Girls Bball @ Versailles @ 5:30pm (A)
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Tues. (11/19) 6th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
- MS Boys Bball vs. Boonville @ 6:00pm (H)
- MS Girls Bball @ Boonville @ 6:00pm (A)
Wed. (11/20) STUCO serving hot chocolate for $1 before school @ concession area
- Earthquake/Tornado Drill @ 11:00am
- 7th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
Thurs. (11/21) 8th Grade STABLE Store 9th hour
- MS Boys Bball vs. Fulton @ 6:00pm (H)
- MS Girls Bball @ Fulton @ 6:00pm (A)
Fri. (11/22) MS Girls Bball @ Smithton Tournament in Columbia
Sat. (11/23) MS Girls Bball @ Smithton Tournament in Columbia
REMINDERS for the school year:
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER FORMS - are available all year long in the library. Parents - you may order online with the code JFNXP which will benefit the Middle School. :)
- STUDENTS - the food pantry will be open Friday morning from 7:30-7:50. Any student who wishes to take food home for the weekend is welcome to pick out some items from the food pantry at that time. There will be a staff member there to help.
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- Remember - all students should not be using tape on their lockers. By Monday, anything still taped on your lockers - inside or outside - will be removed by administration. This is in the handbook. Magnets are allowed.
- HOODY INFO.: Per handbook - there should be no head-coverings on during the day. This includes hoods on hoodies. Make sure you do NOT have to be reminded AGAIN to take your hood off. You will be reprimanded.
- TRACING ISSUE: Middle Schoolers - you should NEVER TRACE SOMETHING on the screen of your Chromebook. If you are doing this, you will be in trouble. Teachers please be aware this is happening and keep you eyes open for it. Please sign behavior cards.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or in the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students may: Install the FLIPSTER APP! Search in the play store or the app store for "Flipster" - search for California Middle School. Login in with user name: bce22 & password: JSMO200994 - Now you may read any of the magazines the Middle School subscribes to.
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!