CMS Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school? Follow us on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
March 5, 2021
- Yearbook orders are due 3/24. They can be turned in to Mrs. Edwards or to the office or you may order online. If you would like them to be personalized, you need to do that online.
- Peer Helpers - you have a meeting each Thursday morning in the tech. lab at 7:30.
Monday - 3/1 - MS Track practice will begin after school
Thursday - 3/4 - Peer Helper Meeting @ 7:30am in Tech. Lab
- Spring Photo Day
Fri. (3/5) School Food Pantry @ 7:30am
Wed. (3/10) - 8th Grade visit & tour of the high school starting @ 8:45am
Thurs. (3/11) - P/T Conferences from 4:00 - 8:00pm
Fri. (3/12) No School - ½ day PD, ½ day Compensation
Sun. (3/14) Daylight Savings Time starts
REMINDERS for the school year:
- Don't leave your Chromebooks in this cold weather - Like in your mom's or dad's car, or in the garage, or somewhere else that is not heated. This cold snap coming up will kill your batteries on the Chromebooks!
- TRACK & FIELD - has a Google classroom - class code 26qlvor, and 7th & 8th grade students who are interested in track and field, should join and fill out the google form. Mr. Davis has sent an email with this code to all7th and 8th graders.
- Chromebook issues: Here's how to update Chrome:
Click on the stack (3 vertical dots top right corner)
Go to help and then click "about Google Chrome" or "about Chrome OS"
- ON CHROMEBOOK---Click the blue "Chrome OS Settings" link in the middle of the page and then "check for updates" or "restart"
MASKS - Masks need to be worn while you are in the hall, AND IN ADDITION - you now must wear your mask full time if you are within 6 feet of anyone, including being seated in a classroom. Most classrooms have seating arrangements which have spaced students 6 feet apart, but if your classroom for a specific hour was unable to accommodate this arrangement, you must wear your mask all period. Remember - your behavior card will be signed for coming to school unprepared as you have already been provided a mask to wear.
- Towels and masks are available in the office - $1.00 each
- PLANNERS - If you would still like a planner - you may purchase one from the front office. It's a good idea to listen to the announcements and then write in your planner on the appropriate date, any information that applies to you.
- LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOKS - we have a few leftover yearbooks for sale FROM LAST YEAR. 7th & 8th graders - If you would like one, bring $17 cash or check made out to CMS to Mrs. Pickering - first come first serve.
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER FORMS - are available all year long in the library. Parents - you may order online with the code JFNXP which will benefit the Middle School. :)
- STUDENTS - the food pantry will be open Friday morning from 7:30-7:50. Any student who wishes to take food home for the weekend is welcome to pick out some items from the food pantry at that time. There will be a staff member there to help.
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students may: Read FLIPSTER Magazines on their Chromebooks!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- MS ATHLETICS:
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
- TEAM APP - Team App allows parents and athletes to stay informed of what is taking place with their sport. Forms that explain the sign up process are available right outside the in the MS office in the stacked form display on the wall.
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
- Parent Portal Sign Up Form
- Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!