PowToon video (4:17 min. long) - CMS Chromebook Expectations and Rules for (17-18) school year - please view.
CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR - Online ordering link:
Thursday, March 22, 2018
- CMS - SPRING DANCE - This FRIDAY after school from 3:30-5:00! You may purchase tickets Friday morning at the concession stand for $3. Otherwise, they will be $5 at the door Friday after school.
- THANKS to all of you who participated in the dodge ball for the heart event. We raised $1,548.00 dollars and had 127 students participate in the game! Thanks everyone for helping save a life!
- STABLE store - a RECESS is being sold through Friday, 3/23, for 30 tickets. Please pay your 5th hour teachers to attend this recess. If you don't pre-purchase this event, you will not be able to attend. Recess will take place during 9th hour sometime the week of 3/26-3/28 depending on the weather.
- HIGH POINT'S SPRING DANCE - will be April 20th from 6-10 pm. Please pick up a form with the dance rules and a portion that you must fill out to attend.
- YOUTH BASEBALL & SOFTBALL forms - for students up to the age of 14 are available in the front office! Pick up a form! New this year - they are having teams for the older kids!
- BEST CHOICE LABELS NEEDED - The library needs 90 more labels.
Yearbooks - Online sales for the yearbook are officially closed and the yearbook purchase list is being finalized. If you forgot to purchase your yearbook, you may purchase a regular (not personalized) copy for $16 by bringing the money or a check made out to California Middle School to Mrs. Elliott no later than 3:04 on Wednesday, March 28th, 2018. Mrs. Elliott will be turning in the yearbook order to the company by that point in time and will not be ordering any extras. Please make sure to get your yearbook ordered by then. - A. Elliott
- 8th grade CORNER:
- 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL PLAYERS - If you are NOT on the track team - YOU MUST ATTEND WEIGHTS AT THE HS each morning at 6:15. Attendance is being recorded. 7th graders - you are welcome to attend, too.
- 8th grade girls - the HS dance team will be holding clinics and auditions for the 2018 - 2019 school year on the days below. Please add these dates to your calendar and be sure to attend ALL of them if you want to be on the dance team next year. These will take place in the HS gym. You may want to carpool with friends who are also trying out. This will solve some of the transportation issues. PARENTS: there are forms on district website under "athletics", "teams" then "dance" which will need to be read / filled out for your daughter to attend and tryout.
*Sunday, April 8, 2018 time : 2 - 4 pm
*Monday April 9, 2018 time 6:50 - 7:30 am
*Tuesday April 10, 2018 time 6:50 - 7:30 am
*Wednesday April 11, 2018 time 6:50 - 7:30 am
*Thursday April 12, 2018 time 3 - 5 pm - official tryouts
- 8TH grade girls - a VOLLEYBALL informational meeting will be held this Friday during 9th hour in the upstairs computer lab. Be in attendance if you are interested in playing freshman volleyball.
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
- ALL WEEK - STUCO - decorate the doors competition
- Mon. (3/19) - Literature Festival in Warrensburg
- CMU Band will be performing @ the HS Gym @ 1:45pm
- Thurs. (3/22) - Math Evaluate Testing until 9:30am (Testing Bell Schedule)
- MS Track @ Blair Oaks @ 4:00pm
- Fri. (3/23) - Coach Bailey meeting w/ 8th Grade Volleyball Girls 9th hour
- STUCO Hosting a Spring Dance 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Sat. (3/24) MS Musical Annie Jr. @ 7:00pm
- Sun. (3/25) MS Musical Annie Jr. @ 2:00pm
NEXT WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Wed. (3/28) Make-up Day (School in session)
Thurs. (3/29) PD Day (No School FOR students)
Fri. (3/30) Spring Break
Mon. (4/2) Spring Break
Tues. (4/3) Spring Break
REMINDERS for the rest of the year:
- Remember - the MS FCA group meets Monday mornings at 7:15 in the upstairs computer lab.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deoderants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00 if anyone needs a pair for class.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS!
Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time.
Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator
Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!