CMS Twitter Feed
& Facebook Page
Want to know what's happening at the middle school, and about other important educational topics across the nation? Follow us on Twitter @MrAsUpdates
or on Facebook @ California Middle School
SHORT POWTOON VIDEO on Chromebook expectations and rules: (4 minutes long - be patient and it will load.)
<iframe width="480" height="311" https://www.powtoon.com/embed/cp3wUamWKMN/
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Students: Chromebook Reminders:
- During turn-in days - the cleaner your case and CB are, the quicker you will get through the process. Make sure you have your cord with you. You should be bringing it everyday.
- Friday, May 17th - 7th grade - through your history classes
- Tuesday, May 21st - 8th grade - through your science classes
- Wednesday, May 22nd - 6th grade - through your science classes
- Remember that the identification sticker number on your charger must match the sticker number on your Chromebook. When you received your charger and Chromebook at the beginning of the year these all matched. If the sticker is not on your charger or is different we will assume that charger is not yours and you will be responsible for the $40 cost of replacing your missing charger.
- ALL LIBRARY MATERIALS are due. Please bring fine $ and books to the library ASAP!
- EVERYONE - the STARR party is Monday - come prepared for that!
- Any 8th grade boy interested in playing baseball next year at the High School, there will be a camp from 3:15-5:15 at the High School from May 20th to the 23rd.
- If you haven't turned in your MS girls Basketball Camp form yet and would still like to attend basketball camp, please see Coach Miller. Even though the forms were due already, you may still attend if you wish.
- STUDENTS: If for any reason you are not going to be here during the last days of the school year, please let Miss Bibb and Mrs. Meisenheimer know A.S.A.P.
- THE LIBRARY IS HAVING A USED BOOK SALE! Each title is .10 cents. Please stop by for some affordable summer reading!
- TODAY (5/17) - are the MS Pinto Express Auditions: 3:15-7:45pm - Good luck to everyone.
THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITIES:
Thurs. (5/16) MAP Testing (Testing Bell Schedule)
Friday (5/17) - MS Pinto Express Auditions: 3:15-7pm.
*7th grade Chromebook turn in
Sun. (5/19) HS Graduation @ 2:00pm
Week of 5/20:
Mon. (5/20) STARR Party
Tues. (5/21) 7th Grade Kickball game & Movie
Wed. (5/22) 8th Grade BBQ
Thurs. (5/23) Last Day of School
Grade Level & Building-wide assembly
Dismiss @ 1:00pm
REMINDERS for the school year:
- Homework help is available M-Th from 3:10-4:10. Students may stay after school with a teacher to get homework done before going home. Students, please see the posters in the hall for information about which teacher is holding homework help each day.
- CHROMEBOOKS do NOT belong in the gym, the locker room, on top of lockers, or in the cafeteria.
- KAJEET hotspots are for check out to those students who don't have WiFi at home AND who have homework that evening.
- There should be NO cutting through the gym and locker rooms to get to the downstairs hallway.
- Perfumes and deodorants should only be used in the locker rooms, not the classrooms or hallways.
- Mrs. Meisenheimer has earbuds for sale for $1.00. This is a mandatory "school supply" - just like a pencil & paper.
- The library has mechanical pencils for $1.00 and wooden SCENTED PENCILS for $1.25 in quarters.
- THE MS LIBRARY collects BEST CHOICE LABELS = ALL year!
- Students are NOT to leave school grounds in the morning once they have been on school property, whether walking to school, being dropped off by bus, or by parent.
- Also, if a student arrives after 7:55 am, a parent MUST sign him/her in.
- The Moniteau County Health Center offers many dates to get summer physicals. You must have a valid physical before you can start practice next school year. Do not wait until the season starts to get a physical make sure to get it scheduled during the summer. *FOR AN APPOINTMENT CALL - 573-796-3412
- Tuesday, June 11th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 9th 1:00-6:00 pm• Tuesday, July 16th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 6th 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Monday, August 12th 1:00-6:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 20th 1:00-6:00 pm
- The administrative team of the California School District would like to respectfully remind everyone that outside food and beverages are not allowed while attending an event on school property. You will be asked to leave them at the gate before entering the event. This policy will be in effect through the rest of the year.
- The athletic eligibility portion of our student handbook has been amended to reflect the MSHSAA standards. If you are interested in reading it, it can be found on the website under the Middle School Athletics.
- Sports Physicals - If you are interested in participating in a sport, but do not have an up-to-date physical, you can receive a blank copy from the office or it can be found on the district homepage titled "MSHSAA Grades 7-12 Sports Physical Form". Be sure to get them in as soon as possible, because you can not practice without one.
- The Moniteau Co. Health Center office is closed from 12 to 1pm each day, there will be no physicals scheduled during this time.
- Jerene Huff, RN/Administrator - Moniteau County Health Center
Sign up for the Parent Portal to view student's grades, attendance, lunch account balance and other information. You can print form below and fill out. It needs to be turned into the office.
Parent Portal Sign Up Form
Sign into Parent Portal - Click Here
Bus Snow Routes --Click Here
Gardasil Vaccine Information for Parents of Girls - Click Here
Flu Information - Click Here
Lice Information - Click Here
Information about Cyber bullying for Parents!